SARomics Biostructures is one of the fast-growing biotech companies in Lund. We strive to accelerate drug discovery through structural insight. Our international team of over 20 researchers covers the following fields of expertise: protein engineering, production and characterization, biophysical screening, NMR spectroscopy, structural biology and computational chemistry. SARomics has attracted significant funding for its research programs and is currently involved in several international research initiatives aiming to discover leads for new medicines. In parallel the company has built a global reputation for its structural biology platform and its structure-based drug design skills. SARomics is currently supporting mainly international clients in the pursuit of their drug discovery objectives. We are now seeking a research scientist and a research engineer to expand and strengthen our protein production teams.The successful candidates will:
• Provide hands-on experience in protein expression and purification to support biophysical and structural efforts
• Operate and maintain specific equipment for protein expression and purification
• Characterize protein samples before crystallization trials using biophysical methods
• Design protein constructs and order clones
• Participate in the normal day-to-day running of the lab
• Analyze, document and report experimental data
• Work closely with an experienced team of interdisciplinary researchers and have regular opportunities to
present findings to the project team, senior management and clientsRequired knowledge, skills and abilities
The ideal candidate will be self-driven, resourceful, organized, focused, service-minded, and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment driven to deliver quality proteins to enable drug discovery. The candidate should have a strong desire to learn new techniques, have the ability to incorporate new methodologies into their work and to carry out innovative and high quality research to answer challenging questions in structural biology. Specific requirements are:
• B.Sc./M.Sc./Ph.D. in biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular biology, structural biology or related fields along with hands-on laboratory work experience
• Expertise in protein expression in E. coli, insect and/or mammalian cells
• Expertise in purification of proteins using techniques such as affinity chromatography, IMAC, SEC, IEX, etc.
• Working knowledge and practical experience with ÄKTA systems will be highly advantageous.
• Expertise with protein characterization techniques such as SDS-PAGE gel, Western blot, thermal shift
assays is desirable
• Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills are essential - fluency in English (spoken
and written) is expected
• Legally authorized to work in SwedenBoth candidates will get the opportunity:
• to join an energetic and enthusiastic international team with a focus on scientific excellence and teamwork
• to evolve in a highly multidisciplinary environment and thus develop new competencies outside their core expertise
• to accelerate discovery through structural insight
Explore our website to find out what it is like to work at SARomics Biostructures: http://www.saromics.com/
For specific questions regarding the positions please call Nadia Rose or Raymond Kimbung, +46 46 26 10 474.
If you are interested in a career with us, please forward a CV/resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and label your message with subject “SBX Career” no later than December 31, 2021. However, we will interview candidates continuously and welcome your application today!
The application should be in English.Download the application text with contact details.