SARomics Biostructures is one of the fast-growing biotech companies in Lund. We strive to accelerate drug discovery through structural insight. Our international team of over 25 researchers covers the following fields of expertise: protein engineering, protein production and characterization, biophysical screening, protein NMR analysis, protein X-ray crystallography, fragment screening, and computational chemistry. SARomics has built a global reputation for its structural biology platform and structure-based drug design skills and is currently supporting mainly international clients in pursuing their drug discovery objectives. In parallel, the company is pursuing several internal drug discovery projects to discover leads for new medicines.
We seek highly motivated and skilled X-ray crystallography scientists to expand and strengthen our teams, which work on protein production and crystallization.
The ideal candidate will be self-driven, resourceful, organized, focused, service-minded, and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment. The candidate should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and incorporate new methodologies into their work, and carry out innovative and high-quality research to answer challenging questions in structural biology.Successful candidates’ requirement:
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ph.D. in structural biology or related fields
- Work closely with an experienced team of interdisciplinary researchers and have regular opportunities to present findings to the project team, senior management, and clients
- Have excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills - fluency in English (spoken and written) is expected
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to ensure timely progress in customers' projects
- Analyze, document, and report experimental data
- Legally authorized to work in Sweden
The successful candidate will get the opportunity:
- Experience in protein crystallization using a “wide variety of proteins”
- Experience in all steps of structure determination (including data collection and refinement)
- An ideal candidate will also have had experience with structure-based design and drug discovery projects
- to join an energetic and enthusiastic international team with a focus on scientific excellence and teamwork
- to evolve in a highly multidisciplinary environment and thus develop new competencies outside their core expertise
- to accelerate discovery through structural insight
Please explore our website to find out what it is like to work at SARomics Biostructures: http://www.saromics.com/
For specific questions regarding the position, please call Nadia Rose or Martin Welin (+46 46 26 10 474).
If you are interested in a career with us, please forward a CV/resume and a cover letter to email@example.com and label your message with the subject “SBX Career”. We will interview candidates continuously and would therefore like to receive your application as soon as possible! The application should be in English.