By using our protein and peptide optimization services you may:
• Reduce the effort, time and costs involved in optimizing one or several targeted properties
• Reach your goals faster and at lower cost compared to random screening
• Discover hidden information in large and complex data sets
• Predict the effect of a single amino acid replacement from data containing complex replacement patterns
• Achieve detailed quantitative information on the influence of each amino acid replacement
• Perform parallel optimization of several parameters
• Understand sequence-activity-relationships for your target protein or peptide
• Use the gained information to rationally predict and design new optimized variants
Download the ProPHECY flyer for more information!
Examples of the use of ProPHECY™ can also be found in the publications below:
(1) Pasupuleti M et al., (2008). Biochemistry, 47, 9057-9070.
(2) Kassetty, G. et al., (2011). J Innate Immun, 3, 471-482.
About the method
It is often desirable to modify a biomolecule (peptide, polypeptide, protein, antibody etc.) to optimize specific properties in a rational way. For instance, one may want to increase its biological or catalytic activity, decrease its antigenicity, enhance its cell penetrating capabilities, protease resistance, thermal stability, solubility etc. By modifying and optimizing the amino acid sequence of a protein one could explore the structure-activity relationships (SAR) and using them control protein properties and eventually modify them in a desired way. Our proprietary and proven ProPHECY™ in silico protein optimization technology offers a quick and less costly approach. ProPHECY™ is reminiscent of QSAR (Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationship) methodology used for decades in the optimization of organic small molecules. It uses a novel method by which experimentally determined properties of a protein can be utilized for the prediction of amino acid replacements required to achieve controlled modifications. This will greatly reduce effort, time and costs required in a protein optimization project. You are welcome to contact us for further discussion of your project.