Our Gene-to-Structure services include cloning, expression, purification and characterization of a protein using biophysical methods, followed by crystallization and structure determination. For the most optimal handling high-throughput protocols developed at the company are used throughout the whole process.
Gene-to-Structure services are performed on a fee-for-service basis and include:
• Cloning, expression and purification of the protein
• Biophysical characterization of the protein using dynamic light scattering (DLS), CD spectroscopy, differential scanning fluorimetry (DSF), and if required, NMR spectroscopy.
• Crystallization of the protein, X-ray data collection and crystallographic structure determination.
• Protein-ligand co-crystallization and structure determination.
More details on the methods used can be found in our technology pages.
Protein crystal structure determination requires crystals. Our team of crystallographers has many years of experience in protein crystallography and X-ray structure determination, verified, e.g., by the high number of publications co-authored by our team members and company management. Our integrated protein crystallography services include protein expression, purification of crystallization-grade protein followed by crystallization and structure determination. All purified protein is subjected to extensive biophysical characterization prior to setting up crystallization experiments. This includes dynamic light scattering (DLS), differential scanning fluorometry (DSF), and when required also NMR spectroscopy and mass spectrometry. Our laboratories are well-equipped for protein production as well as protein crystallization, for which we use robotic nanoliter-scale screening and optimization of crystallization conditions. For crystallization with ligands we use both soaking of crystals and co-crystallization with the protein target. If required, we can also assist in structure interpretation and analysis of ligand binding. Atomic coordinates of the protein or its complex with ligand are retured to clients. If required, we can also assist in the interpretation of the results. European synchrotron radiation facilities, including the MAX IV synchrotron in Lund, which is one of the worlds best synchrotrons, are routinely used for X-ray data collection.
• FastLane™ Premium structures
• FastLane™ Standard Structures
• Antibody-Antigen Complexes
• Biosimilars Quality Validation
• Integrated Lead Discovery
• Fragment Library Screening
• In silico Lead Discovery Services
• NMR Spectroscopy Services
• ProPHECY™ - in silico Peptide and Protein Optimization