Position: Lab Technician in a Protein Chemistry Lab
SARomics Biostructures is one of the small fast-growing biotech companies in Lund. The company has attracted significant funding for its research programs and is currently involved in several international research initiatives aiming to discover leads for new medicines. In parallel the company has built a global reputation for its structural biology platform and its structure-based drug design skills and is currently supporting clients in Asia, Australia, Europe and North America to pursue their drug discovery objectives. We plan to strengthen our team with a Lab technician to assist our protein production unit with protein expression, purification and characterization.
The successful candidate will:
• Participate in the normal day-to-day running of the lab.
• Express proteins in E. coli and insect cells
• Operate and maintain specific equipment for protein expression and purification
• Perform certain administrative functions like ordering of consumables and chemicals
The successful candidate is a skilled, organized, service-minded life-science enthusiast with a positive attitude, who enjoys laboratory-based work in a fast-paced team environment. The candidate should be eager to learn and take instructions but also have the potential to work independently.
• University degree in biochemistry, biomedicine, biotechnology or another relevant subject
• MSc in the relevant area is a plus but is not mandatory
• Documented exposure to a protein chemistry laboratory
• Experience with protein expression in E. coli and/or insect cells
• Ability to carry out all laboratory operations in a safe and effective manner and to maintain a clean and orderly laboratory environment
• A strong interest in learning and implementing developed techniques in protein chemistry
You will get:
• An opportunity to join an energetic and enthusiastic team with a focus on scientific excellence and teamwork
• An opportunity to evolve in a highly multidisciplinary environment and thus develop new competencies outside your core expertise
• An opportunity to accelerate discovery through structural insight
For more information about SARomics Biostructures: http://www.saromics.com
Contact: Dr. Raymond Kimbung, +46 76 8585709, email@example.com.
If you are interested in a career with us, please forward a CV/resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “SBX Career” no later than December 1, 2019.
For printing please download the announcement.
SARomics Biostructures’ headquarters and laboratories are located in Lund, which is part of the lively and expanding Medicon Valley, a home to many top universities, pharmaceutical and biotech companies. SARomics Biostructures’ team of professionals has many years of solid industrial and academic research background. We provide an agile and innovative environment to our employees, supporting their career development and ambitious goals.